Longview Catastrophic Injury Claims Lawyer
By definition, a catastrophic injury is a life-changing event. When used by a lawyer, it refers to a traumatic injury that requires extensive medical treatment or therapy, long-term care, or results in permanent disability. At the Law Office of Bradley T. Steele, P.C. in Longview, we consider it our responsibility to help our clients recover the compensation they need to rebuild their lives after such serious injuries.
Examples of catastrophic injury
- A traumatic brain injury (TBI) that causes memory loss, a personality change or other permanent brain damage
- A back injury, neck injury or spinal cord injury that results in quadriplegia, paraplegia, or another degree of paralysis or chronic pain
- A serious burn injury that results in pain and disfiguring scarring
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) related to a traumatic event such as a dog bite or car accident
- Depression related to an injury, assault or accident
Describing an injury in economic terms
There is no way to truly describe the loss of a young athlete confined to a wheelchair after a truck wreck, or child whose father was killed in an oil field accident. As a personal injury lawyer, however, attorney Bradley Steele works with medical, life-care and economic experts to accurately calculate the economic impact of those events, and present a strong argument to the insurance adjustor or jury on our client's behalf. Factors considered include the cost of long-term care in an inflationary environment, a wage-earner's loss of earning power, lost wages during rehabilitation, loss of enjoyment of life and loss of a relative's love and comfort.
Consultation With Attorney Brad Steele
If you have a personal injury claim, it is important to feel comfortable with your lawyer and to understand your options. We invite you to contact our Longview law office to arrange a consultation and case review. Mr. Steele will give you the information you need to make a well-informed decision about representation. Our firm serves clients throughout East Texas.